Author Topic: USMANU DANFODIYO UNIVERSITY, SOKOTO 2017 /2018 POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS  (Read 617 times)

Offline mfoniso

Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Full
Time Postgraduate Programmes in the Postgraduate School, Usmanu
Sokoto for the 2017/2018 Academic Session.

1. ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
(a)Postgraduate Diploma
The following may qualify for the Postgraduate Diploma admission:
(i)Graduates of Usmanu Danfodiyo University or other recognized institutions.
(ii)Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) (not HD) with a minimum of Upper Credit pass or its equivalent in relevant areas.
(iii) In special cases, holders of HND with minimum of related areas may be admitted after passing such tests tests as may be prescribed by the Departments/Faculties.
(iv)Candidates  who  hold  qualifications  other  than  the  above  which  are acceptable  to  the  Board  of  Postgraduate  School  and  Senate  of  the University. 
(v)In addition to (i) minimum requirement(s) for matriculation including English Language and Mathematics

(b) Masters' Degree (Academic and Professional) The following may qualify for the Masters Degree admission:

Graduates of Usmanu Danfodiyo University or other recognized institutions who have obtained the approved degree of Bachelor with at least second-class division or its equivalent, or candidates with University degree and appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of Usmanu Danfodiyo University or other
recognized institutions with at least a credit level pass. 
(ii) Candidates whose degrees are unclassified with average of "C" or 50% or above. Such candidates may be subjected to qualifying tests. 
(iii) Candidates with only Bachelors degree in Third Class division and a relevant Postgraduate Diploma. 
(iv) Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate School and Senate of the University. 
(v) Candidates may be required to pass examination set by departments to which  they  are  seeking  admission  to  determine  their  suitability  for postgraduate work. 
(vi) In  addition  to  (i)  -(v)  above,  a  candidate  must  satisfy  the  University's requirements for matriculation i.e. five (5) relevant O/L credits including English Language and Mathematics 

(c) Master of Philosophy (M. Phil./Ph. D.)
The following may qualify for Master of Philosophy admission:
(i) Graduates of Usmanu Danfodiyo University or other recognized institutions who have obtained a Masters degree (Academic) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 on a 4-point scale or 3.50 on a 5-point scale.
(ii)  Holders of a Masters degree (Academic) in a cognate discipline with a GPA of 4 and above.

Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

All Student Forum

Offline mfoniso

(iii)   Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate School and Senate of the University. 
(iv) In addition to (i)  - (iii) above, a candidate must satisfy the  University's minimum requirements for matriculation i.e. five (5) relevant O/L credits including English Language and Mathematics.   

(d) Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
The following may qualify for the Doctor of Philosophy admission:
(i) Graduates  of  Usmanu  Danfodiyo  University  and  other  recognized institutions who have obtained good Masters Degree (Academic) with a GPA of not less than  4.0  on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on a 4-point  scale appropriate to the proposed areas of study. 

(ii) Graduates of Usmanu Danfodiyo University and other recognized institutions who  have  obtained  Masters  of  Philosophy  degree  appropriate  to  the proposed areas of study. 
(iii)   In addition to (i) and (ii)) above candidates must possess at least a Bachelor's
Degree in Second Class lower division. 
(iv)   Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above acceptable to the Board of Postgraduate School and Senate of the University. 
(v)  In  addition  to  (i)  -  (iv)  above,  a  candidate  must  satisfy  the  University's
requirements for matriculation i.e. five (5) relevant O/L credits including English
Language and Mathematics. 
NOTE:
(a)  Holders of  Higher Diploma (HD)  are NOT eligible for admission into  the
Postgraduate Programmes of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University.
b)  Applicants  with  ‘PASS’  at  Diploma  or  Degree  level  are  not  eligible  for
admission.
(c) Applicants without NYSC Discharge /Exemption/Exclusion Certificate need not
apply.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE pdf FILE CONTAINING ALL THE COURSES OFFERED

Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

Offline mfoniso

3.  METHOD OF APPLICATION
Application forms are available for sale, online, as from 1st September to 9th
December,  2017  at  the  cost  of  ten  thousand  naira (?10,000.00) only.

Appropriate administrative charges will be applied. All Nigerian debit cards are  accepted.  Interested  applicants  are  hereby  advised  to  visit  the Postgraduate  School’s  Website: http://pg.udusok.edu.ng  for  additional information on the Application Procedures.

Applicants should arrange well in advance for their academic transcripts to be forwarded to the undersigned before the closing date.

(Signed)   
M. S. Kabir
Secretary, Postgraduate School

All Student Forum

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Students goes to?:
What letter is missing in this word 'Gogle':