Author Topic: Ugrent, What mod can i use to create header like Allstudentforum in SMF  (Read 1049 times)

Offline nobleman

Hello admin, SMF Professional and all other webmasters, Please what mod can i use to create a custom header like allstudentforum.com.

All Student Forum

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
Re: Ugrent, What mod can i use to create header like Allstudentforum in SMF
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 03:28:36 PM »
Hello and welcome to all student forum. On your question, i do not understand it properly. However  if its the header with the links to all the forum boards on all student forum header that you are referring to, you do not need a mod to do that for you. All you need is a table with td or div to hold the links to the forum boards and you can then place the code in your ads management mod to display it on top of your forum.

Let me know if this was what your questions was about and if you are able to do this.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:30:34 PM by mfoniso »
Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

Offline nobleman

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:33:30 AM »
Thanks, how can i change the background image of my SMF website, am using simple portal mod with SMF default theme... how can i change d background color and also the top header like Allstudentforum

All Student Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 12:33:30 AM »

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 12:22:57 PM »
well it depends on the theme you are using, how ever, extract the theme on your laptop, locate the image folder, open either theme folder in it or custom folder in it. In the theme folder, you will see some of the images that make up the theme that you are using, then look for any image with (bg). Note this might be different from theme to theme, i don't really know what theme you are currently using so i can't be precise.
Once you have locate this image, then login to your server and locate the same file and replace it with the new image you want to use as the background of your forum.

As for the header your refering to, i want to assume you are talking about the all student logo. well to change the logo for smf, there is a mod that can do this for you or you can do it manually. to do this manually, you can find the logo image in the custom folder in your theme, all you need to do is replace it with your own logo.
let me know if you still need help, you can also give me the name of the theme you are using so i can have a look at.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 12:26:23 PM by mfoniso »
Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

Offline nobleman

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »
Thanks Alot.. What if I need allstudentforum theme type. What is the name of the theme?

All Student Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 01:53:45 PM »

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 02:27:21 PM »
The name of the theme is Flagrantly by Crip,

Offline nobleman

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »
Thanks bro, Got it, I reply apre8t ur response to ma post.... One more thing, @ d right side of all student forum, wat mode can I use for the On Going Discussion Slide?

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2015, 06:24:01 PM »
Thats is a custom code, and not a mod

Offline nobleman

Okay bro, can you help with the custom code?

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
You can get a copy of the code from simple portal website. look for (Recent posts with post preview)

Offline nobleman

Got it bro, Please, how to i change forum, post title and index css in Fragrantly theme >

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
What do you want to change it to? Can i see your site so i can understand what u are talking about.

Offline nobleman

Thanks bro, I website name is naijalatestupdate.com I want to change the forum topics css and also the index page css to something like dark blue but the header css will remain desame.. also @ the header section where categories are placed, if I click on my links is. Opening in another tab. How do I. Fix that?. Is it possible to Customized my post displace @ d index to be on single line like naijaloaded post display? Or dat of nairaland? 

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
hmm i see u r replicating my website, why?

Offline nobleman

Not really like dat... me. first. Time of using SMF, still gonna modify it..Am sorry, it dat make u feel bad but I promise to modify it... Yu ar d best. bro..

Offline mfoniso

• Administrator
    • Play Lsit Hub
well i expected u to modify as you learn, so your site can stand out differently.

Offline nobleman

Thanks, just create dat for education purpose, for me to know about SMF, I already planned using wordpress for d site... u can even check. now, u will c there is difference.. Thanks

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
10 minus 10 = ?:
What letter is missing in this word 'Gogle':