Author Topic: How to install ADK portal on XAMPP without fetal error on line 1044  (Read 846 times)

Offline mfoniso

How to install ADK portal on XAMPP without fetal error on line 1044.

Fatal error: Call-time pass-by-reference has been removed in C:\xampp\htdocs\smf\Packages\temp\install\db_install_adkportal.php on line 1044

The above error is what you get when you try installing your ADK portal on XAMPP, initially everything looks ok, as your smf will list all the files to which the changes will be made in, and once you click on install, you get the error.

Well the reason for this error is because your xampp runs a php of 5.4 or even higher, with the following steps bellow, you should be able to fix the problem and have your adk portal install sucessfully.

1. unzip the zip the adk portal file,

2.Open the install folder

3.Locate and open db_install_adkporta.php, 
It is in this file that you will edit some few codes to get it working.

4. Edit db_install_adkporta.php, using notepad++ or any other editor, search for this code
Code: [Select]
addAdkPermissions (&$permissions);
Then replace the above code with this one
Code: [Select]
addAdkPermissions ($permissions);
5. Save the file,
After that zip the whole adk portal file again, and upload through your package manager to your server and
install again.
You will notice the installation will be smooth without any error again.

Hope this was helpful, drop your comments if this work for you or like ASF on facebook.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:58:52 AM by mfoniso »

Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

All Student Forum

Offline jearile2006

I tut as much... But hw come the call reference was missing? Tanx anyway for the info

Offline mfoniso

I believe it will be fix for higher version of adk portal, since the problem is with higer version of php
Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

All Student Forum

Offline jearile2006

Hummm! Even after replacing d new code, itz still not working - same fatal error

Offline mfoniso

Are you sure you change the code correctly, because that was how i fix mine. what version of the Adk portal are you using?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 10:05:09 PM by mfoniso »

All Student Forum

Offline jearile2006

Adk_portal_2.1.1

Offline mfoniso

That the same version am using. Ok download my own edited fill and install, let me know if you still got the same error.

Offline jearile2006

Tanx... It worked with yours

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
10 plus 10 = ?:
What letter is missing in this word 'Gogle':