Author Topic: How to remove Adk Portal command from mobile version of your smf forum  (Read 1638 times)

Offline mfoniso

How to remove Adk Portal command from mobile version of your smf forum.
If you are using a portal system on you smf forum, you most have noticed that it display the portal just as it does on the desktop version of your forum also on the mobile version and sometimes, you users will have to like scroll across the screen to view around. This portal systems could be ADK Portal, tinyportal, simple portal system and a host of others. well i will be showing you guys how you can simply remove some of the portal blocks from the mobile version of your forum. But this is for ADK portal system.

How to remove Adk Portal command from mobile version of your smf forum
1. Simply copy the file "Adkportal.template.php" to mobile theme folder.
    The Adkportal.template.php can be located in the theme/default of your forum.
2. Inside that file locate and delete the following:
Code: [Select]
if(!empty($adkportal['cleft']))
echo'
<td id="adk_left" valign="top" style="width:',$adkportal['wleft'],'; padding-right: 5px;'. (($user_info['is_guest'] ? !empty($_COOKIE['adk_left']) : !empty($options['adk_left'])) ? ' display: none;' : '') .'">
',columnleft(),'
</td>';

Code: [Select]
if(!empty($adkportal['cright']))
echo'
<td id="adk_right" valign="top" style="width:',$adkportal['wright'],'; padding-left: 5px;'. (($user_info['is_guest'] ? !empty($_COOKIE['adk_right']) : !empty($options['adk_right'])) ? ' display: none;' : '') .'">

',columnright(),'

</td>';

Now you can view your site on the mobile phone and see how it looks, note this code only remove the lift and right block from the portal system on the mobile theme. Also make sure you are using a different theme for both your mobile and desktop version.

Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

All Student Forum

Offline mono247

but can you help with simple portal? I mean how can i remove simple portal side panels on a theme without causing effects to other themes. Thank you and be blessed.

Offline mfoniso

I believe it is possible with simple portal, though i have not worked on simple portal before. However i will look into how you can archive this on simple portal.
how can i remove simple portal side panels on a theme without causing effects to other themes.
You will need to have a different theme for your mobile version of your side, which will be different from the one you are using for the desk top version. it is the theme of this mobile version that we will be working on. I hope you do have a different theme for this? i will update on what you should do next soon.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:55:12 PM by mfoniso »
Please do not PM me questions, ask all your questions in the forum, for others to learn from.

All Student Forum

Offline mono247

Mfoniso,
  thank you very much for quick reply. I have a different theme for mobile phone. I will be waiting for your update. Thank you once again and be blessed.

Offline mfoniso

Click here for the update on how to remove the right and left blocks on your simple portal
@mono247, I posted the update on the other thread you created for simple portal.

All Student Forum

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Students goes to?:
What letter is missing in this word 'Gogle':