Author Topic: How to transfer contact and calendar info from other device to Galaxy S3 or S4  (Read 1794 times)

Offline debby

How to transfer contact and calendar info from other device to Galaxy S3 or S4.

I will be talking on 2 methods that can help you archive this, and this methods are Using a Bluetooth and Using MicroSD card
1. Using Bluetooth: To do this, you have to find the Bluetooth connectivity option. Where the setting is will vary depending. There should be some sort of menu or settings option that will list Bluetooth. Now, make sure Bluetooth is on and make the device Discoverable. Now to go your Galaxy S3 or S4 and go to Menu (button) > Settings > Wireless & networks > Bluetooth settings. Check on Bluetooth and then "Scan for devices". You may have to put your old phone back into discover mode, because discover mode times out for security and battery purposes. Your two devices should appear and you have to follow the prompts to pair them. This may include entering in a code. Now you can select your Galaxy S3 or S4 on your old phone and send files, contacts, and Calendar info.

2. Using MicroSD card: This is the second option you can use to transfer contacts, and this is via microSD card. Most phones have a microSD card. You can export your contacts to the SD card. Now, turn off both devices. Take the SD card out of your Galaxy S3 or S4 and put it to the side. The SD card is in the battery compartment and you have to remove the battery before you can remove the SD card. Put the SD card from your old phone in the SD card slot and boot the phone. Now you need a file browser to view files on your SD card. I recommend ES File Explorer. Find your contacts (probably at the bottom of the list) and open them. The phone will save your contacts. Now, turn off your phone and swap the SD cards back and reboot your phone. I recommend you sync your phone with Backup Assistant.

All Student Forum

Offline Etgaeett

Well, I have found the application for you that can transfer contacts and messages try downloading and installing "iStonsoft Android Assistant" application available. I have tried it personally so I can bet on that it will transfer contacts to samsung devices.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:06:33 AM by Etgaeett »

Offline wuyuetian

If you want to transfer contact and calendar info from other phone to Galaxy S3 or S4, phone to phone transfer tool can help you do that. It can directly transfer data between two mobile phones on PC.

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
30 minus 20 = ?:
Type the answer to the above question (30 minus 20 = ?) in words: